Thursday, November 20, 2008

Grins, Giggles and Bubbles:)

Owen is known to be pretty dramatic. So this is a picture of how he spends a good portion of his day, letting us know he is not so happy about something!! This particular event was precipitated by dropping one of his Thomas trains. I guess it is time for bed!!!

This is a very exciting picture for us because it means our basement is finally underway!! YEAH!! Ellie is standing in the future guest bedroom, Owen is going to take over our current guest bedroom in a few weeks. While it is noisy around our house right now, we don't mind because we have been waiting SO LONG for this to happen. Now if Travis could just figure out how and where he is going to put his beer on tap, it would be complete:)
It is the simple things that make them happy. Why we buy toys I am not sure, it seems things like laundry baskets, cheep bouncy balls and plasitc dice keep them very entertained!! They would throw a bouncy ball or a dice and chase it all day if I would let them. Basically, if they can both be involved in something it works best. Owen can hardly wait for his sister to come home so he has someone to run around with!!


Bathtime is a favorite in our house!! Especially when Daddy is home and he lets them in the whirlpool tub (it is to hard for me being this pregnant to bend over the big tub to scrub them up!!). The other night I came in and found Ellie in a sea of bubbles:) She loved every minute of it, Owen was not allowed in this tub - we would have lost him for sure!! He is scared of the jets anyway, so he is usually out of the tub before the major bubble fun happens.
Ellie is a HUGE tinkerbell fan. We read the chapter book together and then I bought her the movie to watch. She thought all the little fairies and their different jobs was SO COOL. Here she is sporting her tinkerbell bath poncho, it lights up and everything.





Owen is your typical little 19 month old boy who LOVES Thomas. We only had a few trains laying around the house from Ellie and he sought out every single one of them. He loves his 'vroom vrooms' and will race to the train table at the gym nursery!! Maybe Santa will have to bring him a train table of his own, especially since he cried for 15 minutes when I had to pry him away from the one in the furniture store!!!





1 comment:

The Miller family said...

I am now positive that Owen and Allie are "meant to be" due to your first post. could it be those late nights and lattes at St.Vs that have contributed to our dramatic children???? Or, is it just simply fate??? Allie has a thing for trains too. He better not be two timing her in Ames! :)hehe I will give you a call this week...I think about you all of the time and hope all is well!