Monday, April 6, 2009

The weeks are flying by!!

We enjoyed a nice weekend visit with Uncle Nate and Miss Michelle a few weeks ago. The kids had a great time playing!! The weather was PERFECT that weekend, so we were able to go to the park for a picnic and lots of playing!!
The next weekend, we enjoyed another great visit from our friends Brian, Emily and Harrison. The kids had fun playing, Ellie got a kick out of Harrison and had fun feeding him!!

Ellie suckered my Mom into buying this fancy dress for her. She does look pretty cute in it!! She wears it ALLLL the time!!


A few weeks ago, my Mom came down for the day. The kids absolutely ADORE her! Owen doesn't leave her alone the entire time and she and Ellie are always doing some special project!! We are so glad we live close to family and friends so we can spend all this special time with them. The kids are only this little for such a short period of time!!




My grown up sassy little 5 year old!! She is five going on sixteen!! Some favorite activities are spelling, writing, coloring, playing house, playing barbies, princesses, ponies! She got a new bigger bike for her birthday and loves to ride it, she begs to go to the park and have her little friends over!! She is still a TV bug, and begs to watch movies. She loves a good cuddle and any kind of candy!! At her 5 year check she was 34 lbs and almost 43 inches! Just a skinny, tall girl.



Owen is into wearing his sister's shoes. I have caught some of these moments on camera, I am sure his wife will appreciate it some day!! He turns two this week and you can definitely tell. He is into Thomas, Bob the Builder, animal noises, finally he will read books with me and is trying to talk more every day. He starts every phrase with 'Mom', so I hear 'Ma' about 100 times a day. He is very loving and sweet yet has a temper and knows exactly what he wants. He also knows how to turn on the charm when necessary. He loves his siblings and is very protective of them. He is sensitive and LOVES his Mommy!! He is very willing to help and can understand WAY more then we can imagine. He loves to try to bowl on the Wii, this is very hilarious!! He can say any word that starts with 'B', which makes it very hard to guess which word he is saying!!





So this is the best I could do with getting all three kids in one shot!! Every time I get a 'new' toy out for Connor, the other two are on it like wildfire!! This is the latest new activity for the little guy.
Ellie and I were able to enjoy the nice snow storm we experienced yesterday!! The boys were napping and Travis was working, so Ellie and I played outside for over an hour!! We had fun sledding, making a snowman family, and throwing snow balls.








So, I keep trying to encourage tummy time with Connor and this is what he decided to do with it. At this rate, the kid won't be holding his head up by 6 months!! At least he isn't laying on his stomach screaming like usual!! He continues to perfect the thumb sucking, it is quite cute and SO HANDY!!! No more fighting him to sleep, and he can wake up and put himself back to sleep during naps and at night. I know I will pay for it in a few years, but right now I will take it!!








Best buddies. They can be pretty cute with each other. If they have been separated for a little bit, they are SO HAPPY to see each other again!! They have so much fun together, it amazes me how they play despite the 3 year age and gender difference. Owen is going to be LOST when his best friend starts all day kindergarten in the fall!! Maybe by then he will see Connor as more of a playmate and less of an annoyance. He is silently protective of his little brother. He knows where he is at all times and calls him 'owe', I think because he cries, so Owen thinks he is hurt!!








The downfall of having a big sister is pictures like this!! He is wearing El's shoes playing with a cinderella toy. I missed the shot where he also had her pink ballet back pack. I know, he needs his nose wiped!! He has been suffering from a cold all week.











No comments: